Friday, October 3, 2008

The Duo gets things rolling!

Greetings everybody!

Welcome to our shared technology and mobility blog. Both of us had had the idea of creating some kind of technology related blog for a while. It wasn't until now when we finally got the idea of actually sharing a blog in order to help each other out. We had a short discussion about what we should cover here. First we were thinking to narrow the area quite a bit but then decided to cover things that we see important or interesting ourselves. Most probably they all are somehow related to mobile technologies but there might be some suprises also...

So who are we and what do we do?

Hude:

I've been working as a software engineer at Digia for the last 5 years now. I'm mainly doing application development for mobile devices and always on the lookout for new methods and technologies that will make the development process easier.

I have used several programming languages and tools on various platforms and think I have a good overview on technologies related to mobile development. Most recently I have been interested in cross-platform development and graphics related programming.

Teppo:

I started in Nordea straight after my first year in Lappeenranta University of Technology on summer 2000. I've been working there since and I'm mostly concentrating on mobile development and different web technologies.

I try to keep in mind both technology and business perspective, because without these both components, it is usually difficult to make a successful product / service. I'm going to write my own ideas / thoughts and not my employer’s. Of course I’m not promising that I wouldn’t tell some Nordea related issues every once in a while. If I do this I’ll try to be as objective as possible.

Regards,
Hude & Teppo

No comments: